Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Navigating




The ship of the self is subject to the powerful forces of the sea of life. Of course, like the skilled sailor or surfer, one can learn to move with and be the benefit of the forces of nature. Nature always has the last say in these matters though. Just as you think you’ve mastered it all (or at least some small part of it), nature crashes a huge wave on you or in front of you. Today nature seems to be pushing against my plans (or maybe I’m pushing against nature’s plans), just a little bit, just enough to be frustrating. I know I can’t influence nature very much, so I’ll have to check the compass of the self for a new reading to correct course, to find flow. Or maybe this is just how the sea is today, teasing me to be just a little more awake and alive.

No comments: